CareersChoose a topic from the list below:
Sophie Bancroft - Corporate Support and Apprentice Development Manager
Tel: 01332 888528
Housing Apprenticeship Vacancy
Are you interested in working in Housing? We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Derby Homes as a Housing Apprentice. This apprenticeship could be your first step to a variety of careers in housing and other similar professions.
We are seeking motivated and professional individuals to join our busy teams. If you are looking for a varied role and the opportunity to progress after a successful first year then this could be the apprenticeship for you. This apprenticeship is customer-facing and you will be primarily responsible for the administrative work needed to support the creation and sustainment of successful tenancies.
Derby Homes aims to provide all apprentices with transferable qualifications and work experience to help them achieve a future career with Derby Homes or with another employer.
Duties will include:
- To actively participate in an organised programme of training leading towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification up to NVQ Level 2
- Working within Derby Homes front-line housing services to carry out a range of housing, administrative and customer focused activities
- Dealing with all housing enquiries
- Contributing to effective provision of front-line services, both in a call centre and face to face environment; providing first line of enquiry on Derby Homes services
- Listen attentively to customer requirements, asking pertinent questions to establish facts in order to gain a full understanding of the customer’s needs
- Understand and be able to use a variety of methods to collect and present information such as resident, neighbourhood and property data in an effective manner
- Maintaining accurate customer records using computer systems
- Record keeping and system updating;
- Making and receiving telephone calls;
- Dealing with confidential information;
- Helping with the organisation of meetings and events and filing,
- The role will also involve listening to customers’ requirements.
As a Derby Homes apprentice you will receive the national minimum wage (age specific), 21 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays and access the local government pension scheme.
Derby Homes Limited is an arm's length management organisation (ALMO) created by Derby City Council to manage, maintain and improve its council houses and estates. The organisation is non-profit making and it does not pay dividends to any shareholders. It is 100% owned and controlled by Derby City Council.
Our mission statement is "To deliver a high quality housing service for Derby."
37 hours/week Monday-Friday
National Minimum Wage (age specific)
25 and over
24 to 21
18 to 20
Derby Homes Limited, 839 London Road, Derby DE24 8UZ
Length of apprenticeship
Number of vacancies
There is no guarantee of a permanent position at the end of the Apprenticeship. However opportunities and vacancies will arise which Apprentices can apply for. After a successful performance over the first year, there is the potential to be offered a further 18 month Apprenticeship to progress to Level 3. As a Derby Homes employee you will be able to apply for any vacancies advertised.
Opportunity to join Local Government Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, reduced gym membership and college travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Expected start date