Mission, objectives and values
Our mission statement
"To deliver a high quality housing service for Derby."
Our mission complements the 2020 Vision for Derby produced by the Derby City Partnership and the City Council's Housing Strategy and Capital Strategy.
As a managing agent for Derby City Council, Derby Homes is contributing to the Council's corporate mission to help:
"to make Derby a city where people are proud to live and the Council a place where people are proud to work."
Our strategic objectives
The strategic objectives and related initiatives for Derby Homes are set out below. The initiatives form part of our Service Workplans and the Consolidated Improvement Plan. Our progress against targets is monitored by Derby City Council, Derby Homes Executive and reported to Derby Homes Board..
Objective 1 – Great Homes
Objective 2 – Great Neighbourhoods
Objective 3 – Great Customer Service
Objective 4 – Great Value
Our values are clear in everything we do, and how we work. We expect our Board and employees to follow our core values, which serve as guidelines for our conduct and behaviour as we work towards our vision
Our core values are:
- Integrity – we are open and honest and we aim to keep our promises
- Excellence – we pride ourselves in being excellent
- Learning from People – we improve our services by listening to feedback
- Delivering Value for Money – we manage homes, estates and services efficiently, effectively and economically
- Embrace Equality and Diversity – We strive to understand and meet the needs of all communities we serve
- Innovation – we inspire our employees and improve our business
- Work safely – we prioritise health and safety for customers and staff.